The Foundation for Wallingford-Swarthmore Schools funds many types of projects that are consistent with our mission to support innovation and excellence in the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District, and to enhance the quality of public education by engaging the support and energies of educators, parents, students, alumni and the greater community. We strive to reach equally all grade levels at the five schools within WSSD.
One way the Foundation funds projects is through grants to teachers. A typical teacher grant award is under $1,000 for a single year of funding. On occasion, the Foundation will approve larger grants for special initiatives. For the 2014/15 year, the Foundation has allocated $15,000 for grant awards and every effort is made to distribute grant monies equally on a per student basis.
The Grants Committee accepts applications once a year for consideration. The Foundation for Wallingford-Swarthmore Schools Grant Application Guidelines and Form can be downloaded below.
Grant applications should submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider any grant applications which are not submitted electronically.
Important dates for 2015/16 are
- Grant application due date – November 20, 2015
- Grant application notification date – December 6, 2015
- Grant project report date – June 30, 2016
Grant applications will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Project Excellence — Creativity, innovation and enhancement of the education experience.
- Project Impact — Impact on students and/or number of students, scope of dollars spent vs. intensity of impact; involvement of school community; meeting an unmet need in the school or district.
- Sustainability and/or replicability — Potential for the project to be ongoing and/or ability to expand to other schools in WSSD.
- Appropriateness of Budget Costs — Costs are commensurate with potential for excellence and impact.
- Capacity to implement and document project effectively — Project implementation, documentation and reporting have been adequately addressed.
- Measures of Impact — Measures of project success are specific and clearly stated.
Grant Application Form and Guidelines
Details of the grant application process and guidelines are given in the Foundation for Wallingford-Swarthmore Schools Grant Application Guidelines available below. (Download or view by clicking on the links.)
- Foundation for W-S Schools 2014-15 Grant Application Guidelines
- Foundation for W-S Schools 2015-16 Grant Application Form